Thursday, December 25, 2014
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Friday, December 12, 2014
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Friday, December 5, 2014
Everyone is waiting with bated breath for another New Year, wondering what 2015 will bring. Make it prosperous and joyous by following a few Vastu guidelines. Gains, gifts, joyous time, better opportunities and a great life are forthcoming. Children and adults alike can look forward to desired gifts and good surprises.
The holidays are mainly about three things: The coming together of friends and family; Resolutions for the New Year and Giving to others. Make your family gatherings joyous, harmonious, stress-free celebrations through Vastu by balancing the five elements (‘Panch Maha-bhootas’) in your home. Why not apply Vastu principles to prepare for this Christmas?
Vastu can help you experience a peaceful, prosperous, and harmonious holiday season. How the science of Vastu affects the quality of your life can be compared to how an antenna affects the quality of your television reception. Vastu is like the antenna for the quality of your life. If you have poor reception due to ineffectual antennae, your picture will be distorted or come in unclear. Having good reception is like having good Vastu.
Similarly, when we plant a seed it takes all five elements to be in harmony for the seed to sprout, grow and be healthy. The proportion of too much or too little of any element, whether it is the quality of earth (soil pH), the amount of water, wind (air) or sun, will inhibit its growth. Just as the balance of the five elements affects success in nature, the balance inherent in our environment affects our success in the world. Vastu takes into account all influences to create an environment in harmony with nature that supports our quality of life, including our success.
Just as you clean your residence to welcome guests, you need to clear out all things from the past that are unessential or unnecessary to your future happiness and success. Your New Year should begin with enhancing the opportunities for prosperity to enter your life. Your connection to the supportive, life-enhancing energy will be strong and benefit you if the five elements in your home are balanced. When you balance your home with the forces of nature (the five elements being Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space) through Vastu, you receive the best possible quality of life for The Holidays and beyond.
Here is what I recommend you to do:
Space Cleansing Ritual
After you have re-painted the house or cleaned it, perform a space clearing ritual. Dissolve a lump of rock salt in water and mop the floor of the apartment with this salt water. Take some camphor in a bowl, burn it and walk along the sides of each room of the house thereby allowing the space to be filled with the fragrance of camphor. Before performing these two steps, you can repeat a positive affirmation:
“By performing this space clearing ritual, my house is freed from all negative energies and full of positivity. All the inmates of the house are leading a healthy, harmonious and prosperous life this Christmas and the full year ahead.”
Alternately, to perform the Cleansing Ritual:
- Stand in the center of a room, your home, or workspace.
- Completely clear your mind of all thoughts.
- Use a ‘singing bowl’ or ring a ‘seven-metal bell’ until you feel your entire space is one or infused with the sound of the singing bowl, or the ringing of the bells.
- End the ceremony by lighting sandalwood incense in the space where you performed the ceremony and several other areas throughout your home.
Lights are a great way to provide decoration and are Vastu cures, too! For joyous celebrations, avoid blue lights in the South-East zone, but light some green and red bulbs here. Blue and green lights in the northern and white/yellow lights in the western zones are good.
Place candles, lights, and red decorations in the South-East area, which is associated with the ‘Fire’ element, to stimulate a sense of well-being. Scented candles of pine, vanilla, cinnamon, and cranberry are festive scents for harmonious holiday gatherings.
A bowl of water with flowers floating in it (or a punch bowl) placed in the North-East area of the room you use for entertainment will encourage a prosperous New Year.
De-clutter your House
Space clearing ritual removes all negative energies from the space and it can be performed even if you have not re-painted the house on Christmas. Along with re-painting and space clearing do not forget to remove all clutter from the house. Just as you clean your residence to welcome guests, you need to clear out all things from the past that are unessential or unnecessary to your future happiness and success.
Clear the North-East zone of all clutter, and keep your gods and worship-related items here. Furthermore, meditation in this zone will ensure divine grace flows through your house and your body, gifting you with clarity and good health. Your New Year should begin with enhancing the opportunities for prosperity to enter your life. Clutter creates stress, drags your energy down, and limits your ability to be productive and make lucrative financial decisions. We suggest beginning this Holiday Season by clearing the clutter and see how new opportunities appear in your life in 2015.
Resolutions for a prosperous New Year should start with clearing the clutter in your home!
If you’d like to activate and energize your career this year try this simple change to get the energy moving. Expand your career and career opportunities with flowing water. This can be either a fountain or image of flowing water. Place it in the career area (North-East) of your home.
To strengthen your connection to your inner guidance and encourage new ideas place a plant in the Inner Knowledge area (South-West) of your home. Plants are a source of vibrant, healthy energy and they attract positive energy. They literally support the energy that ‘grows’ within you; ideas, wisdom and knowledge.
Family and Foundation
Strengthen your family ties with the movement and energy of sound. Hang a lovely wind chime in the Family and Foundation area of your home, as you hang the chime envision each movement sending gentle, supportive energy embracing your family with love. Keep a framed picture of your family in the South-West, as it will strengthen bonds of love and affection.
Activate and energize abundance in your life by placing a mirror in the wealth area (North) of your home. Mirrors enlarge and expand the space they are in, attracting energy and doubling it!
This New Year, if you plan to invest in property tries to buy a Vastu compliant one. Higher gains are the result. Pay attention to adjacent roads and slopes. If the plot is for commercial use, then, choose it according to its intended purpose.
Fame and Reputation
Improve and enhance your reputation by adding bright light to the fame area (West) of your home. A proper utilization of westerly portion of plot leads to reputation, fame, prosperity and success for the owner. Light represents fire energy, imagine your reputation growing brighter and stronger each time you turn on the light!
Empower your relationship by moving your bedroom into either the back right or back left corner of your home (assuming your bedroom is not already located in either position). If your bedroom is already in one of the power corners (South-West) of your home, enhance it further by placing your bed in the command position (solid wall behind the headboard, with full view of the bedroom door and the room around you.
Earth element decorations such as, holly, wreaths, wood figurines, or ceramics (such as the Dove of Peace) work best in the South-West area of your gathering area to support family harmony. Hang bells and chimes in the North-West area, related to the ‘Air’ element, to enhance joyous relationships.
Creativity and Children
Awaken the energy of creativity with a metal wind chime. Envision each ripple of sound energizing and enhancing creativity and supporting and nurturing a childlike sense of wonder and joy.
Create a helpful people box and fill it with the names and or images of helpful people in your life. If you desire more helpful people in your life, write an affirmation to draw helpful people to you. As you place the affirmation in the box, picture the energy of the affirmation flowing from your home, increasing your connections, networking opportunities and friends. Place your gifts in the eastern zone for better social connectivity.
Reduce and clear all clutter from the Center (‘Brahmasthan’) of your home. When the Center is clear, the energy of health is strengthened. Keep the Center space element area open and uncluttered to support stress-free communication and encourage the success of your holiday gatherings.
“Welcome the New Year as an Honored Guest and visualize that you are washing away, sweeping away any illness, quarrels, stress, disappointments or any negative energies from the past year. Use Vastu and have a Happy New Year 2015 with Good Health, Wealth, Happiness, Love and Peace.”
DIVINE VASTU CONSULTATIONS AND RESEARCH CENTER
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Monday, November 24, 2014
Friday, November 14, 2014
Friday, November 7, 2014
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Monday, November 3, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Friday, October 24, 2014
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
DIVINE VASTU SPECIAL TIPS FOR DIWALI PUJA 2014:
(THE SPECIAL ‘PUJA VIDHI’ or PRAYER METHOD/ RITUALS FOR ‘DHAN TERAS’, ‘CHHOTI DIWALI’ AND ‘DIWALI’ DAYS)
Checklist of Materials needed For ‘Dhan Teras’ and ‘Diwali Puja’:
· Red cotton cloth
· Small pan or ‘kadhai’ (wok): This has to be a new previously unused utensil
· Small bowl or ‘lota’
· Uncooked Rice
· 5 whole betel nuts (‘supari’)
· 21 whole ‘kamal-gattas’ (lotus seeds)
· ‘Ganga Jal’ (holy water)
· Silver brick of 25 gms or 50 or 100 gms, with perfectly straight edges and 90 degree corners (no substitutes for this be used).
· A number of Silver Laxmi-Ganesh coins (10 gms or more) and a deity form of Laxmi-Ganesh (or substitute a Laxmi-Ganesh coin for the deities).
· 11 ‘Dhanteras’ Candles or 11 other available pink and purple candle.
On Dhanteras: On a red cloth place a new ‘kadhai’/pan or other suitable utensil filled with rice.
Place 5 whole ‘suparis’ (betel nuts) and 21 Kamal gattas (lotus seeds) on rice.
In a bowl or ‘lota’ fill Ganga Jal and sugar. Place ‘lota’ on the rice, put silver coins for Diwali ‘puja’ in the ‘lota’, then offer flowers or flower garland on the ‘lota’ (not in it). On the right side of the ‘lota’ as you face it, place the silver brick (25 or 50 or 100 gms), and on the left side place Lakshmi ji and Ganesh ji’s deity-form or a Laxmi-Ganesh silver coin.
Light the ‘Dhan Teras’ Candle. Light for 2 hours morning-evening on ‘Dhan Teras’ i.e. (one day before Diwali), add honey in the ‘lota’ in which you had put the sugar and Ganga Jal.
On Diwali morning add ghee, milk and curd in the ‘lota’.
On Diwali evening, take out all the coins and place in a ‘thali’. Do the Diwali coins ‘puja’ offering ‘panch-amrit’ (mix ghee, curd, milk, honey and Ganga Jal), ‘kesar-tilak’, ‘mithai’, flowers, ‘Kamal gattas’ on the coins. Then do Lakshmiji’s puja & ‘aarti’, include lighting the four-wick 'chaar-mukhi' oil-‘diya’ lamp.
In front of the new utensil or ‘kadhai’/pan, light Laxmi ‘ghee-lamp’ and ‘Dhan Teras’ candles on all 3 days i.e. ‘Dhan Teras’, ‘Chhoti Diwali’ & ‘Diwali’. Chant special Diwali ‘mantras’ throughout these days and also use them frequently over the year for empowerment and blessings from Ganesh ji & Lakshmi ji.
To invoke the blessings of Lord krishna, Ganesha, Maa Laxmi, Maa Durga, Maa Saraswati and God Kuber, chant the following mantras on the eve of Diwali festival (during night).
धन समृध्दि यश वैभव सुख शांति प्राप्ति हेतु अनुकूल मंत्र :
|| ॐ श्री गणेशाय नमः ॐ ||“Om shree ganneshaay namah Om”
ॐ गं गणपतये नम: ॐ अग्रण्ये नम:
ॐ महाकर्णाय विद्महे वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दन्ति: प्रचोदयात्।
लक्ष्मी विनायक मंत्र - रोजगार की प्राप्ति व आर्थिक वृद्धि के लिए
ॐ श्रीं गं सौभ्याय गणपतये वर वरद सर्वजनं में वशमानय स्वाहा।
Maa Durga’s Mantras
|| ॐ ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे ॐ ||
“Om AiN HreeN KleeN Chaamunnddaayai Vichche Om”
Mata Lakshmi’s Mantras
ॐ श्री महालछ्मयै च विदमहे विष्णु पत्न्यै च धीमहि
तन्नो लछ्मी प्रचोदयात् ॐ ||
“Om Shree Mahaalachhmyai Ch Vidamahe Visshnnu Pat`n`yai Ch Dheemahi tan`no Lachhmee Prachodayaat` Om”
|| ॐ ह्रीं अष्टलछ्म्यै दारिद्र्य विनाशिनी सर्व सुख समृध्दिं देहि देहि ह्रीं ॐ नमः ||
“Om HreeN Asshttalachh`myai Daarid`r`y Vinaashinii Sarv Sukh SamrrdhdiN Dehi Dehi HreeN Om Namah”
Lord Krishna’s Mantras
|| ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय ॐ ||
“Om Namo Bhagavate Vaasudevaay Om”
Maa Saraswati’s Mantras (for students and knowledge seekers)
ॐ सरस्वती मया दृष्टवा, वीणा पुस्तक धारणीम्
हंस वाहिनी समायुक्ता मां विधा दान करोतु में ॐ ||
“Om Sarasvatii Mayaa Drrsshttvaa, Veenna Pustak Dhaaranneem`. haNs Vaahinee Samaayukta MaaN Vidhaa Daan Karotu meN Om”
God Kuber’s Mantras
ॐ कुबेरः त्वम् धनाधीशः गृहे ते कमला स्थिता ।
माम् देवीम् प्रेषयासु त्वम् मद् गृहे ते नमो नमः ॐ ||
“Om Kuber: tvam` Dhanaadheesh: Grrhe te Kamalaa Sthitaa.
Maam` Deveem` Presshayaasu tvam`, mad` Grrhe te Namo namah Om”
Then after Diwali ‘pujan’, leave the ‘ghee lamp’ and 'chaar-mukhi diya’ lamp lit and allow to burn out as the oil and ‘ghee’ runs out.
Next morning after Diwali, put all the coins away in a red cloth pouch/bag after wiping with tissue, in your money place. Do not wash the coins. (The next year before ‘Dhan Teras puja’ you can wash the coins and repeat the procedure as given here.)
Place ‘Kamal gattas’ and ‘suparis’ in a separate bag and also keep them at your money-place.
The day after Diwali: The rice from the new utensil, ‘kadhai’/pan to be placed in the kitchen rice container in the afternoon and it must never be used to the last grain. (As the rice is used up, periodically top up the container with more rice.)
Important Note: Retain some of the rice to cook in the same new ‘kadhai’/pan in which you had kept the rice. Cook it 1 day after Diwali (‘Govardhan puja’ day) and share with your family. This will activate abundance and positive energies for all family members for the year going forward.
Keep rice container full by adding new rice for the whole year. In 2015, the day before next, Diwali empty the rice container, clean it and then add the new ‘puja’ rice to your kitchen rice container.
Recharging the Money Inflow:
Take a metal bowl, silver or copper or steel bowl. Fill it with water. Then put one silver coin with pictures of Goddess ‘Lakshmi’ and ‘Ganesha’ in this bowl. Place the bowl in the North or East window of the house. See that it receives maximum exposure of the light. If there is no window in these directions then you can place a mirror on North wall and place the bowl near it. After keeping this water bowl in North take three copper coins, wrap them up in red silken cloth or a pouch and stick them next to the water bowl. Keep this bowl with the coin pouch for two weeks from October 20 through November 7, 2014. On November 07, 2014 evening, take silver coin in same red pouch and keep them at your locker until next Diwali and then take next 3 energized copper pennies, mix 4 more pennies and keep it in rice container. This container should never be kept empty. Do not forget to pour the bowl water in any potted plant only inside the house, not outside the house. This will charge up the North Zone Energy and will lead to increase in money inflow.
Rewa Kumar Divine Vastu
DIVINE VASTU TIPS FOR DIWALI 2014:
VASTU and DIWALI
The season of festivals has begun in India and the most important festival Diwali; The Festival of Lights, is round the corner. It is a festival of immense joy and celebrations. Everybody is getting ready for this important festival. People are busy preparing their homes and themselves for the special festivities and maybe these Vastu tips are helpful.
And it never hurts to do something the better way. Vastu, the science of placement, can be put to good use in your home and workplace on Diwali day to bring positivity inside. It will also aid you to receive the blessings of the reigning deities of this festival. It will be noticed that we have been following these principles of Vastu all these years without even being aware of them, we have been doing all these things in the name of tradition!!
Relevant Vastu Tips on Diwali for Specific Directions
On the auspicious occasion of Diwali, you can try the following to achieve specific results:
East: Keep a water feature. This will help to start new projects.
South: Hang pictures that inspire you to achieve more.
South-East: A bowl of fresh water on top of a $100 bill. This helps in bringing business’s prosperity.
South-West: Take a clay pot and fill with yellow flowers. This will increase savings.
West: Place a piggy bank to enhance your energy to work and make money.
North: To improve cash flow, hang a crystal ball.
North-West: Keep your bank/investment papers in this sector.
Here are a few Vastu suggestions to help make your life better this Diwali and after:
Clean up and De-clutter: Tide up Your place. It helps you to get rid of negativity. Remember the old days when every house used to be white washed before Diwali! It helps to clean up. White washing or getting a fresh paint coat also energizes spaces. First of all, de-clutter your home. Throw away all those unwanted, unused things in your home like as old magazines, clothes, broken furniture, crockery or children’s toys. This is a symbol of making way for new things to enter.
Laxmi Ganesha Image: Place an image of Lakshmi and Ganesh on the front door. This enhances positive energy and removes negativity.
Rangoli: Making rangoli at the entrance is a part of Diwali decorations. To make it more auspicious, use colored powder mixed with rock salt, to invite Ma Lakshmi.
Laxmi Foot Prints: You can also make small footprints symbolizing the goddess Laxmi’s entry into your home. Use a mixture of rice flour and vermilion to make the small footprints.
Torans: It is also said that toran fixed on the main door brings good luck. Make a garland with marigold flowers and mango leaves and tie it to the frame of the main door. This represents nature’s abundance and attracts good luck.
Moving 27 things: According to Vastu, moving 27 things in your home works wonder. So on Diwali, you can try to move 27 things in your home and see what changes it brings to your life. Well, don’t think that changing 27 things is a big burden. A small positioning change of say the salt and pepper bottles or the flower plants is enough. So this is not a very big task. Watch how fortune invades your life by doing these simple changes. It’s called ‘MAGIC OF 27’.
Spray Salty Water: Mix salt, preferably rock salt, in water and spray this salted water in each and every corner of your home on regular basis, especially around the time of Diwali. It is believed that salt absorbs all the negativity from air, purifies the environment. You may perform this remedy twice a week. Don’t forget to wash your hands after spraying the water.
Light up Your House: Keep your house well lit on Diwali. This includes the dark corners of your house as well. Also see that the Diwali ‘diya’ is kept lit all the night.
Decorating your house
· Preferably use ‘diyas’ (earthen pots) with pure ghee for lighting the house. In case, this is not possible, linseed and mustard oils can be used. These oils have beneficial health effects and kill harmful germs and insects.
· While placing the ‘diyas’ on parapet and the boundary walls, they should be in multiples of four. This is because each ‘diya’ represents the reigning deity of Diwali i.e. Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Ganesha, Lord Kuber and Lord Indra (you would not want to separate them!).
· ‘Rangoli’ is a must on Diwali day to welcome Goddess Lakshmi. ‘Rangoli’ is a colorful design made on the floor. In a traditional household, the lady of the house begins her daily chores by drawing lines of ‘rangoli’ in front of the ‘puja’ room and the ‘Tulsi’ plant. This is said to purify lady and bestows her strength to remain lively and fresh throughout the day. So make a ‘rangoli’ at or near the entrance of your house. And if you also have a ‘puja’ room or ‘puja’ space decorate it with ‘Rangoli’.
· Ready-to-use colors and readymade designs are available in the markets, or you can use the traditional material for it, like sand or rice powder mixed with food coloring. This infuses positivity all around.
· Another way to make the home environment positive is to place a crystal bowl filled with water and rose petals on the center table of your drawing room. Float five diyas or candles in it and light them after the sunset.
The Right way to invite Goddess Lakshmi
- Place the idol of goddess Laxmi on the right side of Lord Ganesha’s idol. Draw an eight-leaved lotus with a thin paste prepared with sandal wood, saffron and clean water between the idols. Place gold, silver coins and local currency above the lotus and worship them along with Laxmi.
- Worship Lord Kuber facing North and draw ‘swastika’ and ‘Shubh-Laabh’ on the safety vaults, cash boxes, etc.
- In a clean tray prepare 21 or more lamps and place them in the following manner: Two lamps in North-East direction, two each in North, East and West. One besides the ‘Tulsi’ plant, one besides the source of water, and one besides the drainage or sink. Remaining lamps should be kept in the South-East corner.
- The sweets should be kept in North. Leave the windows on the Eastern, Northern and Western side of the house open all night which is considered auspicious for Laxmi to enter your home.
- Choose the South-East corner of the open ground for burning crackers wherever allowed. Burn crackers in such a way that you always face East and the viewers face either East or North.
- At the entrance to the house, in addition to ‘Rangoli’, make small footprints to symbolize the goddess Laxmi’s entry into the house.
- Place an image of Lakshmi and Ganesha on the front door. It enhances positive energy and dispels negativity.
- Another interesting decor idea as per Vastu is the display of colorful ‘bandanwars’ or door hangings. The designs, colors, bells and mirrors used in making these door-hangings give your home a beautiful look as well as create the perfect ambience for attracting prosperity.
- Fix ‘Toran’ on the main door to bring in good luck.
- Marigold flowers and mango leaves tied to the frame of the main door represents nature's abundance and attract good luck.
- Refill your normal sugar reserves in the kitchen to ensure sweet days ahead.
Tips to attract money on Diwali:
- While moving furniture and other things, don't forget to do it in accordance with Vastu, as these small movements could turn your fortunes.
- While moving or changing positions of your plants, shift your money plant to the North. Moreover, if the vase containing money plant is blue in color, it will immediately start attracting money.
- If you are buying artefacts and decorative items for the house, add a pair of galloping red horses in your shopping list. When placed in the South, the horses provide a steady flow of money. They should be placed facing the North.
- While buying a painting, buy one with a scene that has a lot of greenery in it. Place it on the wall in the North zone of the house.
- Goddess Lakshmi's picture should not be placed in South-West direction, as it will result in money loss. Place it in the West zone of your home to get her blessings.
- If you are buying Lord Ganesha’s statue in copper (or already have one), place it in the South-East zone of the house. It will help remove hurdles from your work.
- Distributing sweets is always treated to be auspicious. Then why not to give sweets with the gift items, so that even if some mistake is committed in giving the gifts then the malefic effects should be reduced.
- Do not give fire crackers in the shape of the gifts to the friends or the near ones. It is not good for them and the givers.
- Do not give leather and cutlery sets as gifts, because in certain cutlery items knives are there. It is not auspicious for both giver and takers. This is the festival of creating ties and enhancing love while knives are used for cutting purposes. It is believed that it affects the relationship and/or the health.
- Leather items are made of the dead animals’ skin and hence not treated to be auspicious. We should give gifts which symbolize the concept of life.\
- Always plan your future during these auspicious and happy days.
- Diwali is the ideal time to chalk out your financial goals for the year, or review them if required.
- Divine Vastu suggests that you write down your wealth aspirations.
What Colors to wear and gift?
- It would be better to avoid wearing black colors on Diwali. Also avoid giving black colored clothes and other gift items.
- Wearing of Red, yellow, purple, white, cream, blue colors would add to the joy and cheers.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Monday, October 13, 2014
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Friday, October 10, 2014
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Monday, October 6, 2014
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Saturday, October 4, 2014
Friday, October 3, 2014
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
The Triple-Filter Test for Gossips:
In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem. One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, "Do you know what I just heard about your friend?"
"Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be good idea to take a moment and filter what you’re going to say. That’s why I call it the triple filter test. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"
"Well, no," the man said, "actually I just heard about it and…"
"All right," said Socrates. "So you don’t really know if it’s true or not. Now, let’s try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?"
"Umm, no, on the contrary…"
"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about my friend, but you’re not certain it’s true. You may still pass the test though, because there’s one filter left—the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?"
"No, not really."
"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither true, nor good, nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?"
Sunday, September 7, 2014
Friday, August 22, 2014
Friday, July 18, 2014
Divine Vastu Tips to Improve Business Finances & Office Interiors:
Finance is the heart and soul of every business. While small scale businesses’ financial circulation depend majorly on payment receipts and cash flow, big businesses have their own sources to maintain financial stability. Whether it is starting up a new business, or achieve faster growth with expansion, mergers or takeovers, getting funding from banks, ﬁnancial institutions, equity markets or investors is a must. In the better interest of the business and to bring down the costs it is imperative that these funds be procured at lower rates of interest than the prevailing market rates. In all of these situations, application of Vastu attracts the right investor or support from ﬁnancial institutions and markets.
‘Vastu Shastra’ is one of the many great sciences that have come to us from the ‘Vedas’ or the knowledge books of India. ‘Shilpa Shastra’, or ‘Vastu Shastra’ as it is variously called is said to be an ‘Upa-Veda’ or a minor ‘Veda’. Also known as ‘Sthapatya Veda’ or ‘Sthapatya Shastra’, it is the applied knowledge of the ‘Atharva Veda’ just as ‘Ayurveda’ is attached to ‘Rigveda’, ‘Dhanurveda ‘to ‘Yajurveda’ and ‘Gandharva Veda to ‘Sam Veda’.
You will be surprised to know that, originally, the learners of Vastu Shastra were also trained in ‘Artha Shastra’ (Economics). Major reason was to make them understand all the aspects related with; ﬁnance and use the balance of ﬁve elements to solve financial problems. Even, Chanakya the king-maker of ‘Maurya’ dynasty and author of ‘Artha Shastra’ used guidelines on directions of alchemy from Vastu Shastra. He has mentioned those guidelines for kings in his ‘Artha Shastra’.The interiors of each business relevant to its working needs and style can be made Vastu appropriate and Vastu compliant with innovative planning of work Space in terms of usage, flexibility and business values. Many in-house requirements of the company can be planned to obey the rules of Vastu (without compromising on the standards and ethics of the business) and contribute to the company’s growth and prosperity. Colors, lighting, ventilation, cabin doorways, cabin size, elevations within the cabin, furniture placement and orientation/location in addition to the primary five elements i.e. ‘Panchabhootas’. In Nature all five elements ‘Panchabhootas’ (Water, Fire, Earth, Air, and Space) are in balance. When a home or office is built that balance gets disrupted. Vastu is an ancient architectural science that balances the five elements in any environment bringing maximum productivity and success.
Water (fountains, aquariums, pools, etc.), Fire (transformers, generators, inverters, power houses, Air-conditioners, etc.), Space (utilization), Air (exhaust and ceiling fans, elevators and lifts, etc.) and Earth (elevations, depressions etc.) can all add to the affluence or otherwise of the business. Imbalance of the primary elements may cause varied business problems. For instance account frauds leading to business loss is traced to the imbalance of the primary element ‘Agni’ or ‘Fire’.The North-East area of your home or offices is linked to the Water element and influences your success. The North-East is good for entrances, managerial offices, research and development. If this area has proper Vastu, finances will grow and there will be positive cash flow. If there is a toilet, clutter, heating or lighting systems, or blockage, growth will be slow.
The South-East, which imparts the energy needed to complete transactions, is aligned with the Fire element. Kitchens, lunchrooms in offices, computer rooms, heating and lighting systems, and legal matters produce beneficial results in the South-East. When this area is utilized properly, there will be speedy transactions and profits. If there is a missing corner or blockage, transactions will be drawn out and investments will be sluggish.
The South-West area of your office is associated with the Earth element and drives your financial support. A master bedroom in a home, offices for the chairman, directors, and supervisors of a business are most effective in the South-West. With proper Vastu in this direction, financial backing will come easily along with secure savings. If there is a toilet or heating source, there will be cash flow problems and depletion of savings.
The North-West area of your office associated with the Air element. It influences the ability to create and communicate. Bathrooms, conference rooms, bookkeeping, and sales work well in the North-West. If this area is balanced according to Vastu principles there will be satisfied customers and clear communications. If there is a missing corner or blockage there will be inaccurate bookkeeping, dissatisfied customers, and confusion.
The central area of a home or office is associated with the Space element. If this area is open there will be business and career opportunities. With clutter, toilets, a kitchen, or no open Space in the center of an environment, there will be financial limitations.
According to Vastu Shastra there are 16 Vastu zones in every building. Each of them governs different aspects of your life. Out of them, North-West (NW) zone is primarily responsible for getting support from Financial Institutions. If there is a restroom/toilet in NW zone, you will feel there is nobody supporting your cause. Similarly, if there is green color which is creating an imbalance of ﬁve elements, then I your support system will not be stable and will face continuous problems. To ensure a healthy ﬁnancial support system, you must ensure the zone is clean of anti-elements and activities. Ideally, you can place a sculpture of a pair of white horses which symbolizes ﬁnancial support. This remedy will draw necessary support for your business from people, banks and other ﬁnancial institutions in the hour of need.
Next is the zone of money and opportunities, North. If North zone has pantry or red or pink colors in your ofﬁce, you will face problems in payment recovery. You will also not receive new orders which form the back bone of ﬁnance for small and medium enterprises. Similar situation happens when there is blue color in South-East (SE) zone. In a scientiﬁc research conducted on over four thousand successful case studies, it has been found that placing some green plants gives miraculous results to relieve such situations.
Similarly, if you have waste products (especially, metals) lying in East direction in your office or, factory, you will face problems with government departments and inﬂuential persons which will not be a good thing for your ﬁnancial growth.
ln addition to these, you also need to take care of certain zones which help to create trust, vision, team, understanding and bonding, thus, supporting your ﬁnancial vision for growth. Once you have got your ofﬁce space programmed as per Vastu principles, you’ll get secure and fruitful ﬁnancial ﬂow in your business.
For a business to be successful, primarily three areas have to be addressed: Strength, Finances and Debt Trap. Several tips in respect of these areas are given here:
Strength for the Business Owner
- The Chairman and the directors or CEOs occupy the Vastu appropriate areas: South, West and South-West and their subordinates the North-West or South-East areas.
- The direction to face receives prime importance. This is based on astrological signs. Wrong orientations will set blocks to your thinking process and hamper proper business decisions.
- Doors and the passages are an important consideration. When these are improperly placed finances tend to get stifled and suffocated.
- Furniture and fixtures, electrical and electronic gadgets and treasure rooms have all to be based on their relevance with the primary elements.
- Colors, paintings and portraits can also be used to accelerate your right thinking processes that enable you to interact with the subordinates to the betterment of the business.
The Finance head, the Chief Accountant and his staff have to be in the North and East sectors. Financial records, cash and other assets have to be either in the central North or South-West of the cabin. Staff dealing with cash and bank transactions face North and East directions.
A few of you may have got caught in the debt trap and trying to come out of it. For some of you the debt trap can even result in inability to pay bills, debts, and even mortgage repayments. This invariably happens when the North is totally blocked and the ‘Kubera’ (God of Wealth) energy stops flowing. Activate the flow with running Water and Air. Certain yantras like the ‘Sri Yantra’ placed in the Vastu appropriate places will also help. Of course your mental faculties have to be regulated to avoid taking unnecessary loans, the repayment of which is impossible. This apart, stop or minimize using your credit cards. Recital of the ‘navagraha mantras’, particularly of Jupiter ‘mantra’ will help you to take the right financial decisions and possibly pull you out of the debt trap.
As a part of this Earth, we live in a sea of electromagnetic and stellar influences. Every shift produced in the atmosphere has the potential to affect our actions. Every particle of energy in the atmosphere is linked to the next particle. According to Vastu, the Sun produces different qualities of energy on its path from East to West and can influence our daily life. Each of the five elements is associated with a direction and each direction has a particular influence on our business activities. Each function of a business is most optimally supported by an individual direction.
Our actions will be more synchronized with the forces of Nature, much like swimming with the stream as opposed to swimming against it. Many studies have shown that when one faces North at their desk they will be more productive and successful. Studies have also shown that sales increase when a sales person faces North or East when working with a customer.
Unfortunately most modern architecture is based on function alone and is not designed to obey the forces of Mother Nature: the Sun, Air, Water, Climate changes, and the Planets. All ingredients of a business, whether home or office based, are greatly enhanced when the functions mentioned above are in their proper position. If there is imbalance, these can be corrected by a qualified Vastu professional who is experienced in rectifying pre-existing buildings.
Divine Vastu Tips for Office Interiors:
- There should be no obstacle placed near or in front of the doors of the office.
- The central part of the office should be kept empty.
- Reception should be preferably located in the North-Eastern part of the office. The receptionist should face either the East or North direction.
- Water bodies must be placed in the North East or Eastern region.
- An aquarium with 9 gold fishes and 1 black fish is recommended in the North-East is an advisable idea for Vastu for office interiors.
- Executives, managers and directors should be located in the West, South or South-West areas of the office according to office Vastu. Eastern and Northern zones should be reserved for the middle level management and employees. Field staff should be located in the North-West.
- Vastu tips recommend that the staff work facing the North or the East directions.
- Office Vastu recommends that the accounts department be located in the South-Eastern portion.
- Marketing department should be in the North-West of the office design.
- Try to avoid seating any employees under the beams. If this is unavoidable, cover the beams with a false ceiling.
- Office Vastu suggests that the owner or MD should have a rectangular table.
- Pantry and lunch rooms should be located in the South-East and North-West according to Vastu tips.
- Restrooms should be located in the North-West corner of the building or in the North-West corner of the rooms. Other alternative directions for restrooms are Central-South or Central West. Restrooms be avoided in North-East, North and East directions.
- All important documents and papers should be stored in safes and cupboards that face the South-West direction.
- All side tables and telephones should be placed in the South-West corner.
- Conference rooms are best placed in the North-West direction.
- Employees who need to improve their performance should first be located in the Western region and then shifted to the South-East.
- Placing images of Gods and deities towards the right of mirrors is considered auspicious from a financial point of view.
- The staircase is best located in the South, West and South-West locations in the office design.
- If the office has a temple, it should be placed in the North-East portion of the office design.